Terms & Conditions
Privacy & Cookies
We do not store credit card details, nor do we share customer details with any third parties
We are committed to our users' privacy. We will only use the information provided by you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and respect your privacy completely.
If you have any requests concerning the use of your personal information, please contact us. We collect the information you supply us through purchases made through us, and by any emails or phone calls that we receive.
We process personal information collected via our company for the purposes of:
- Providing a better service
- Processing orders
- Providing you with information about products and services we offer
From time to time, we may email you with promotional details about products we believe you may be interested in. This will only ever be done with your permission when you consented to receive emails from us when you placed your order.
You can easily remove yourself from our mailing list using our automated system or by contacting us directly. We are completely against the use of 'Spam' and in no way tolerate its use.
Cookies are also used in our social networking links across the site. Please see below for a list of cookies used on our website.
Whilst we'll endeavour to keep this list updated, we use a few third party services and the list may become outdated if they change their cookies without notifying us.
There are two types of cookies used on our website:
- First party cookies: these are our own cookies, controlled by us and used to run the shopping cart system & provide information about usage of our site.
- Third party cookies: these are cookies found in other companies' internet tools which we are using to enhance our site, for example Google, Facebook and Twitter have their own cookies, which are controlled by them.
Warranty Terms & Conditions
- The warranty is for an up to 12 month period from the date of purchase. Please contact us or check the product information for details regarding specific warranty periods.
- The warranty excludes any bulbs that have failed due to ill fitting or other external factors (e.g. shock/being dropped etc).
- The warranty does not cover bulbs that are used as part of a daylight running system. Their usage in such circumstances is likely to be higher than that of an average user.
- The warranty is limited to bulb replacement only (of the same product or, if the product is discontinued, the nearest equivalent as identified by us).
- In the case of two bulbs being purchased (a pair), both must be returned unless agreed otherwise.
- The failed bulbs must be returned to us in order for us to diagnostically test it to improve future product development.
- The customer is responsible for the postage costs to return the failed bulbs to us, but we will pay for the postage for the replacement bulbs to be sent to the customer.
- The failed bulbs must be returned to us before a warranty claim can be administered.
- Only one warranty claim may be issued per order in the specified warranty period.
- Please note: if you have placed a new order as part of the warranty claim you will not be able to claim against this order at it will be refunded in full once we receive the faulty bulbs from you.
- If you are placing a new order as part of the warranty claim you must place an order for the same item you are claiming against (unless the item has become discontinued. In this instance we will recommend an alternative).
- If a claim is authorised then the customer must return the bulbs to us within 14 business days. If the bulbs are not received within this time then the claim may not be accepted.
- The warranty is offered as a goodwill offer and may be terminated at any time in the future. This does not affect your statutory rights.
How do you protect my data?
Your security is of paramount importance to us.
We understand that you may have concerns about ordering online. However, we pride ourselves on offering our customers a safe, secure environment to order online from. This is why we use Sage Pay Credit Card processing services.
SagePay are a market leader in eCommerce payments. Their systems are highly secure to give you the very best protection when shopping with us online. You can read more about SagePay and their security policies.
These steps all ensure that your details are secure - and far more secure than they would be should you give them over the telephone or face to face in store.
Ordering online means that NO ONE sees your payment details, thus ensuring the best possible security. In addition, our own web server is PCI DSS compliant and regularly scanned to ensure that it is secure.
General Terms & Conditions
We try to ensure that all information on our web site is correct. However, we cannot be responsible for the use of the information given.
To our knowledge, no viruses are present on any of our web servers, but in the unlikely event that a virus is present, we cannot be responsible for the effects. Use of this web site is at the users risk and discretion. By placing an order with us, you agree to the terms and conditions stated.
Transactions are governed by British Law, and any dispute in transactions will be settled by British Law.
All information on this web site is copyright of us, unless stated. All images are for illustration only.
Any free gifts must be returned if you return your order (unless otherwise agreed). Failure to do this will result in you being charged the normal RRP for this product. We retain to the right to cancel any order at any time. If payment has been made, we aim to deliver a full refund within 7 days.
Stock ranges on this website may be changed or amended at any time, without prior notice. If you have paid for a product which we no longer stock, you will be given a full refund, which will be delivered within 7 days.
Xenon Gas Discharge Lamps should only be fitted by qualified persons - due to the voltages involved with this equipment. Packaging of products may vary to avoid damage in transit.
Information supplied on our Bulb Finder is a guide and Car Bulbs Direct will accept no liability for any mistakes or omissions detailed in this information. The Bulb Finder facility is also for exclusive use of our customers and must not be used via any other web sites.
Customer Satisfaction Policy
If you are not completely satisfied with the quality of service or any product that you purchase from our company, please contact our Customer Service Team.
They will review each complaint individually within 5 days, fairly and confidentially and in accordance with our quality systems.
We will keep you informed on the progress and outcome by e-mail or by your chosen method of communication within the 5 days.
Reviews & Testimonials
We encourage our customers to submit product reviews and testimonials. However, there may be rare occasions where we do not publish all product reviews and testimonials.
For example, we may not publish a review or testimonial if it contains inaccurate or irrelevant information or if it contains inappropriate or offensive language.
We reserve the right to choose not to publish any review submitted.
Not received orders - notification period
You must notify us within 28 days of dispatch if you have not received your goods. Please contact us within this period of time in order for us to be able to assist and resolve your query.