Making the right choice.
There are a huge range of bulbs available to buy on the market. At Car Bulbs Direct we want to ensure that our customers purchase the correct product for their personal requirements. If you're looking for a bulb that will deliver the maximum amount of light on the road then here's what we'd recommend.
1. Which bulb fits my car?
Firstly, you need to ensure that you're buying the right bulb fitting for your car (such as H7, H4, H1 etc). If you're not sure which bulb fitting you need then you can use our online vehicle database to help. If you've already got this information then you can proceed to the next stage.
2. Which manufacturer?
We'd always recommend choosing a manufacturer that build to original equipment quality standards. These days there are only a small number of bulb manufacturers who actually own their own production facilities. The two major companies here are Philips and OSRAM so we'd recommend you choose either of these. If you buy a bulb from a retail store from another brand, they wouldn't be able to tell you where that bulb was made. Furthermore, it's guaranteed that that brand will not be used by any major vehicle manufacturer. Philips and OSRAM supply 95% of vehicle manufacturers, so you're assured of this level of quality.
3. Which product?
We'd recommend you look at the Philips range of products. This is because they are original equipment quality, have consistently ranked well in leading headlight bulb tests and, from our experience over many years, have delivered very good average longevity throughout their range.
If your objective is:-
- Maximum light output on the road for safer, more comfortable night time driving
- A product that is fully road legal
- A product that will not generate any extra heat or draw any more power from the battery
- A product that is directly interchangeable with existing bulbs
then we would recommend Philips X-treme Vision.
Why Philips X-treme Vision?
- It delivers 100% more light than a standard Philips lamp.
- It requires no modification to your vehicle - just ensure you buy the correct fitting. Please use our online vehicle headlight database if you're not sure which fitting to buy for your car.
- Philips have a reputation for excellent quality and good longevity. Plus, for added peace of mind, we offer a 12 month warranty.
How do I find out more and upgrade?
If you're not sure which bulb fitting you need for your car then please refer to our online vehicle database. However, if you know which bulb fitting you need (i.e. H7, H4, H1 etc) then take a look at our Philips X-treme Vision section.
Any other questions?
If you need any further assistance then we're here to help. Contact us.